- 3 ripe (but not overripe) avocados
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 eggs – see Notes for substitute to veganize
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on the sheet. Set aside.
- Slice avocados lengthwise – for three avocados, you’ll get 20-22 fries.
- Set up three bowls in an “assembly line” (prepare your best Laverne and Shirley routine). In the first bowl, place the ½ cup of flour and add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Crack the eggs into the middle bowl and beat lightly.
- In the last bowl, combine the panko and melted butter and mix with your fingers to coat. Add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Dredge each avocado slice through the flour, and then the beaten egg. Coat thoroughly with the panko and place on the wire rack. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until panko is lightly browned. Cool for about ten minutes and serve with dipping sauce of choice.
For more information, please visit: http://www.baked-in.com/2012/06/07/baked-avocado-fries/