- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Nutella, melted until liquify
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 packet Dream Whip, dry
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- 3 Tbsp. milk, more or less depending on desired consistency
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar, more or less depending on desired consistency
- Add the sifted cocoa powder to a medium sized bowl and pour in the cup of hot liquid. Whisk until completely dissolved.
- Next add the buttermilk to cool down the mixture, then add the sugar and whisk until all is combined.
- Add the eggs, oil and vanilla and mix again.
- In a small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk this into the wet mixture until you no longer see any lumps.
- Stir in heavy cream and melted Nutella until evenly mixed in.
- Pour into cupcake tins and bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until done. Let cool and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
TO MAKE NUTELLA BUTTERCREAM:
- Beat butter, vanilla and salt together until lightened and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add dry Dream Whip until combined. Next beat in Nutella, milk and powdered sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined. Once cupcakes have cooled, frost onto cupcakes.
For more information, please visit: http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/09/nutella-cupcakes-with-nutella-buttercream/