I found these amazing cupcakes on: www.willcookforsmiles.com. They are truly delightful. I added some notes: *just remember that applesauce can be substituted for oil.
Serves: 12 cupcakes
- 1½ cups of flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup of sugar (*do half sugar and half splenda)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¾ cup vegetable oil (*do half oil and half applesauce to reduce fat)
- ⅔ cup of milk + 1 tbs
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature (* reduced fat cheese cheese)
- 1 cup powder sugar
- ½ cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the muffin pan with cupcake lines.
- Prepare all the ingredients and have them ready before starting the batter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Mash the avocado very well or even put it through food processor, set aside.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together, on high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Lower the mixer to medium, with mixer running, drizzle in the oil and beat until well combined.
- Add the avocado mash.
- Alternating, beat in dry ingredients and milk on low speed. Starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure they are done.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Combine the ingredients for the frosting in a mixer. Beat until very well combined.
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy!